Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where's Roger

If you're interested in where the places are that I have been commenting on in this blog then send me an email and I will send you a Google Earth .kmz file containing all the links. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to post the file on the blog! If anyone knows how please let me know.

Last Thursday we traveled back to Medan and on Friday we completed the installation of the two radio systems at the Medan PMI chapter office.

This morning (Saturday) Glen and I went through some Red Cross administration and this afternoon we visited a major shopping center that rivals anything I've been to - 7 floors containing shops of all kinds, food court, movie complex, etc. We went to the movie Hunting Party which wasn't too bad - English with Indonesian sub-titles. Their was quite a bit of bad language in the movie and we wondered if all of the words were translated exactly as spoken!

Tonight they had a major Valentines Day celebration spread throughout the hotel lobby so we had to wind our way through the party to get to the restaurant. Lots of pink decorated tables, hearts everywhere, and live music.

Tomorrow we're off to a National Park near Medan for the day. I'll report on that tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment